Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

FO8s & 3s


I had my figures lesson this morning with Kelli on the 8:15 FS. Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I wanted to just look at this briefly, hadn't done any in my warmup. POOF! I reel off a really great pattern, 3 times around on each foot. Woo-HOO!!!! That's the best I have ever done, and by a HUGE margin. First of all, I actually got around on one push, not once but 6 times total! And they were pretty good. Kelli spent some time looking at them -- separation on the traces was almost always less than a blade length total. Her only real feedback is that I am sometimes on a flat, so I need to work on improving my edges still. I was just so amazed and happy! So we left 'em and went on :-).
  • 3-Turns -- Sonya had asked Kelli to work on these with me and I wanted to as well. We worked a fair amount on skating a half-circle and then turning. I'm still tending to get too stiff and I get "stuck". Frustrating.
I was really, really happy with my progress on the FO8. I ordered a pair of Comet Test blades last week, hopefully they will arrive today or tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home