Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Feel Free To Practice


I woke up this morning VERY tired (didn't sleep well) and as usual when I have an early lesson and don't feel like going, I turned on my phone and hoped for a cancellation text message from my coach. No such luck, so off I went to the rink. Half way there I got a message from Sonya that she needed to cancel (she was coming back from a competition in Kansas and her plane was delayed). So.. I guess I was meant to skate today because if I'd gotten that message at home I'd have slept in!

Had a pretty good skate -- just 5 skaters and one coach on the ice. Worked my waltz-8, 3s, FXOs and 3-turn pattern. I'm discovering that the reason the first lobe of the LFI3 side of the pattern is bad is that I'm not holding the exit edge of the 3 at all. Once I do it looks a lot better even though the 3 is still placed too early. Grr.

The title of this entry is from the text message I got the first time Sonya cancelled a lesson on me -- I found it amusing. I've been with her almost 2 years and I think she's cancelled a total of 3 times on me. She is SO professional and punctual. I really appreciate that about her (along with her many other fine qualities :-)).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home