Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Moves Runthrough


Today's lesson was on the 7 a.m. FS as usual (this will change in July). For today's lesson, Sonya asked me if I wanted to do a Moves runthrough. I told her "no" and she told me that was great, we were going to do a Moves runthrough :-). So we did...
  • Stroking -- reasonably okay. Sonya would like me to develop a little more power (push harder). I was happy because I actually did almost-okay end crossovers.
  • Edges -- FO & FI edges look pretty good. Back edges still could stand some improvement, especially the BI pushoff.
  • FXOs -- these are very, very slow... excruciatingly slow. But they have pretty good form. I even remembered to do the transition between circles correctly. So the main thing that needs improvement is more flow and power.
  • BXOs -- bleah. The good side (CW) needs more improvement and the bad side needs a lot of improvment. Very scratchy :-(.
  • Waltz-8 -- about the same. 3s are placed too soon and step forward is too much out and not enough around, especially on the L side.
  • 3-turn pattern -- bleah. The LFI3 side was pretty bad. The RFI3 side was better of course but still not good. On the LFI3 side the first lobe is really bad, the ones after that are better. The back lobe needs a lot of work, especially the BXO. Bleah
All in all... no surprises for me since I work this stuff all the time, but Sonya hadn't seen a runthrough in a long time. We're going to try to focus our efforts. I will be out of town for 2 weeks at the end of June and first week of July, so that is not horribly helpful but it can't be helped.

Sonya signed my test form and it's going in the mail today. The test is July 27th at Shiny Rink+.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home