Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Waltz-8


Today's lesson with Kelli was on the 6 p.m. FS, our new summer timeslot. It was a great session, only 4 skaters and 2 coaches. We're having what passes for a heatwave here and the rink was practically tropical -- 54 degrees (F), a full 12 degrees warmer than usual.

I had been off the ice since 6/19, so my first 5 minutes (I only had 15 minutes to warm up before my lesson) I felt like Bambi on rollerskates. Eeep! It got better.

We spent the entire lesson working on the waltz-8. The right side is coming along quite nicely, although it wouldn't hurt to move the RFO3 out about 3 feet. The left side, though.... eeep! We spent most of our time working on holding the exit edge of the LFO3 (some improvement) and especially fixing the step forward to LFO3. Strangely enough, when I am not doing the move I can do a pretty good step forward onto the FO edge; but it seems when I'm doing the full pattern I have a really hard time pulling the shoulder back and so my step forward is "out" and I put a bump on the circle, so to speak. Arrrgh. We did make a little practice but I need to fix this ASAP.

The test is 7/27... eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home