Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

FO3s


Today's lesson with Kelli was on the 8:15 FS, my last in this time slot until the fall *sigh*. You could tell school is out, since instead of the previous 2 - 4 skaters we had 9. Oh well!

We spent the entire lesson (okay, it's only a 20 minute lesson) working on FO3s, part of Sonya and Kelli (and my) campaign to hit all my weak points and keep hitting 'em. Our main emphasis was holding the entrance edge longer, getting better flow and rolling up to the toe a bit better. We made some progress on all these points, but alas no "a-ha" moments. I don't expect one on these, to be honest. I think I'll just have to keep making them stink less until the smell is not noticeable :-).

After the lesson I worked on BXOs and FXOs and some FO8s as well. I'm off the ice for a couple of weeks as I am off to Scotland and Ireland on choir tour :-). I'll be back on the ice 7/8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home