Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Same Old Stuff


Today's lesson was in my new timeslot, 7 a.m. I was on the ice at 6:30 and there were only 3 skaters then (by the end of the session there were 7 or so).

Today's lesson was almost a carbon copy of last week's:
  • FXOs -- Just a couple of minutes on this... still looking for a bit more flow and power, but they are improving.
  • BXOs -- working on sitting back on the heel more. I'm tending to bring the trailing leg too far back (i.e. toward me) before cutting it across. Grrr. These are improving but very, very slowly.
  • 3-turn pattern -- the 3s in this are actually pretty good these days. Main corrections for today were 1) hold the FO edge a bit so the FO3 isn't so rushed and forced, 2) hold the BI edge around a bit more and 3) hold the edge after the BXO a bit before the step forward. Unfortunately after the BXO I seem to be more on a flat than a BI :-(. Still, they are improving and they at least feel more comfortable (by far) than the did a couple of months ago.
Another lesson Thursday at 6 a.m. (eep), and also one with Kelli tomorrow.

Kayla was back on the ice today for the first time since her knee surgery... it was nice to see her back. The last part of the session I got to see most of the skaters I know and hadn't seen in a while; it was fun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home