Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Workin' It


I skated at Shiny Rink+ again today (and will next Saturday as well), prepping for the Moves test. I had a pretty good skate, almost 2 hours. Would have stayed longer but the ice cut promised for 3 p.m. didn't happen so I left since the ice was pretty crappy by that point.

It was not too crowded so I got some good practice on the 3-turn pattern, waltz-8, BXOs and FXOs and stroking and back edges. I've decided on the waltz-8 the key may be to relax and not rush, especially on the push to the back edge. If I take my time on that I tend to get set up a bit better so I can hold without rotating a bit longer, which makes the back edge longer and the step forward easier. On the 3-turn pattern, some improvement I think, although I notice the BXO on the R side is pretty bad, much worse than on the L side. I think I'm rushing, again. BXOs... bleah. FXOs continue to slowly improve. All in all a pretty good skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home