Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

BO Edges, Waltz-8, BXOs


Tonight's lesson with Kelli was on the 6 p.m. FS as usual for our summer timeslot.

Today's lesson:
  • BO edges -- we started with these and immediately Kelli was excited because she'd found the problem with the back edge of my waltz-8 (I'd tried to tell her this before but it didn't register, I think). So we worked harder at keeping the free foot... if not actually "in front", at least at the side or almost in front. We made some good progress on this.
  • Waltz-8 -- having done that we went to apply it to the waltz-8 with only modest success. The 3s on the waltz-8 have improved but I still need a better check on the LFO3. In general I think I need to relax and not rush this.
  • BXOs -- I had Kelli look at this as well in case she had something to add beyond what Sonya has said. She talked more about body position and keeping turned into the circle. As has been happening lately, the first circle (of the pattern) was pretty good and it went downhill from there, although the CW side was not that bad the 2nd time and even the CCW side was, I think, better than it's been. Still much work to do and the test is approaching fast!

Random Karly quote for today: "You're not staying for Power, Gordon? Tsk, tsk!" (Karly didn't stay for Power skating class either! This girl cracks me up!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home