Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Perseverance


I skated the public session at Shiny Rink today for about 1.5 hours. Skate buddies Lisa and Amy were there, which made it more fun. Lisa was kind enough to work with my on my FI3s and 3-turn pattern a little, in return I got to (slightly) critique her 3s in the Field.

All in all a good skate, worked mostly waltz-8, FXOs and BXOs and what work I could do on the 3-turn pattern considering the crowd. I think the watch word on the waltz-8 is "take your time", especially on the push to the back edge. I noticed if I really try to just take some time on that I can hold the BO edge in a better position and the step forward is better placed.

Lesson in the a.m. and test in one week! I still don't know my timeslot for the test yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home