Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 25, 2008

YAMR


Yes, Yet Another Moves Runthrough, and the last lesson before the test. This lesson was at 7 a.m. The session only had about 5 skaters at 6:30 when I got on it but just before my lesson an ice dance pair got on the session.

Today's lesson:
  • Stroking -- reminders to keep the head/chin up, bend the knees, hold the extension. Also on the very last crossover of the move on each side I'm flicking my free leg up, I assume this is some kind of subconscious thing.
  • Edges -- good, overall. Sonya had me re-do the BO and BI edges because she wanted me to hold the free foot in front a bit more (BO) and get deeper lobes (BI).
  • FXOs -- slow, but okay.
  • BXOs -- bad side is still pretty scrapey. Sonya was skating with me saying "heel! heel!". I wanted to bark like a dog :-).
  • Waltz-8 -- not bad. Still need to remember to push out more (bigger circle) on the step to the BO edge.
  • 3-turn pattern -- a bit rough and whippy still. Sonya reminded me that I need to look back to the line on the back lobe and be sure to bring the arm back before the BXO.
It was hard to focus during this runthough due to the dance team and the other skaters, so that caused me some issues that won't happen on Sunday. The main thing is probably to remember to relax and not rush, take my time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home