Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Perseverance/YAMR


I had to travel for work today, so I had rescheduled my lesson with Kelli to tomorrow morning. However, I brought my skates with me in case I got done early, and sure enough I did, so I was able to skate the 5:15 FS at Shiny Rink+. Best of all, I had the ice all to myself!

Since the test is Sunday I decided that I had to do Yet Another Moves Runthrough. I gave myself a 5 minute warmup, then did the runthrough.

The Good: I made it through without falling! I didn't stop except in between moves as if I were talking to Sonya, getting water, etc. And while it was not at all perfect it might have been more-or-less passable.

The Bad: Well, first of all, it took me 18 minutes (a far cry from the 10 minutes they've allotted for this test!). And, I was SO tired by the end I don't know how I did the 3-turn pattern. I was seriously wiped out. Granted, I had driven 5 hours today (2 hours of driving right before I skated), and I'd not skated since yesterday early morning... I was very nervous (even though there was no one watching me!), so much so my FXOs on the stroking were a bit shaky, which scared me.

After the runthrough I let myself rest for 5 minutes, then worked extensively on BXOs against the wall (10 minutes!) and some on waltz-8, then I left because I was so tired. Eeep.

My test is at 10:55 Sunday morning. Eeeep! At least it's at a civilized hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home