Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

3-Turn Pattern & Waltz-8


Today's lesson with Kelli was on the 7:45 FS session (at 8:15). I was afraid it would be a zoo but it wasn't too bad, just 7 or 8 skaters I think.

Sonya had asked Kelli to work with me on the 3-turn pattern some more, so we did. Today's lesson:
  • 3-turn pattern -- about 20 minutes on this. Kelli had me working to hold the entrance ede to the FO3 longer, to stay more upright (no hunching over), and to check the FI3 better. On the back lobe we worked on getting a better edge coming out of the BXO, and making the BXO a proper BXO. We mostly worked the LFI3 side. I think with these I mostly need to not let myself get into a weird, dazed mental state that I tend to fall into on them.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are much better. I started with the left foot since I wanted to work that side (it's the bad side) and did a really good one! Well, good for me anyway. The 3 could still be placed better, the step forward was a little scrapy and I could hold the back edge longer -- and the circle could be a bit bigger. Kelli wants me to start on the L foot. I'll have to doublecheck on that, I think most of the moves say you can start on either foot. It did seem to help. At the end of the lesson (end of session) Sonya, Kelli AND Krissy were all watching my waltz-8. I had to laugh!
All in all I'm feeling a bit more confident about the test. I still think I won't be entirely satisfied with my skate but I think I'll probably pass.

Apparently I left my guards at Shink Rink+ yesterday. Grrr! I called and they said they had them, so I'll pick 'em up when I am there on Saturday.

I'm taking tomorrow off from skating -- I'm pretty tired. Lesson Friday, skate at Shiny Rink+ on Saturday afternoon, and then skate FS at Lloyd Center to warm up for the test Sunday morning!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home