Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

XOs


Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- we worked extensively on my bad side, and it showed much improvement! I'm so happy. Getting real extension and real underpush on both sides now (on a good day). Sonya says I need to get these more consistent and then they need a bit more flow and then they'll be passable. *phew* Now I just need to practice the heck out of them...
  • BXOs -- I'm still struggling to get the hip pulled back on the CCW ones, and they are very scratchy. Still, some improvement, and I know what I need to work on.
  • waltz jump -- we did exactly one of these. I did a really good one! Nice spring, good entry, good exit... Sonya didn't have much to say :-). She wanted me to do another one but I thought we should move on :-).
  • half flip -- just two of these. I'd not done one in, what, 3 weeks? And I reeled off two pretty nice ones! Best of all my foot/ankle seems to be healed so they didn't hurt at all, yay! Sonya wants me to work on doing a better mohawk on the entry, and to use my arms and upper body to get more jump/followthrough. Still, they are not too bad.
I was really happy with this lesson! I've been very worried about getting my bad side FXOs in shape but I really am making progress. Jumps are okay. Still need to work on BXOs and 3s are going to need improvement, but there's still time (9 weeks 'til test).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home