Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Moves Runthrough


We are back to our 'old' timeslot now that school has started and the rink schedule is back to 'normal'. Sonya gave me 8 minutes to warm up (as I pointed out, 3 "bonus minutes" from what I would get for a test), and then straight into a runthrough:
  • Stroking -- starting CW, of course! Sonya reminded me that if I'm double-paneled for the test I'll need to coordinate with the other skater which direction goes first, so need to be flexible. Anyway, we've not worked on stroking for a while and it was pretty stinky, especially CW. XOs were yechy, that was the worst, but I also felt rather unsteady. Gaah.
  • Edges -- thank God for these. FO, FI and BO were not bad. BI -- these were really wonky, and I don't know why. Sonya says they will definitely need work.
  • FXOs -- Weirdly enough, I was so wired about the bad side that they were almost okay, but the 'good side' were pitiful. Sheesh.
  • BXOs -- These were almost okay, but waaaay too scratchy.
  • Waltz-8 -- Don't know what happened with these but they were pretty bad. 3-turn placement very early and step forward too early as well. Sheesh.
  • 3-turn pattern -- by this point I was pretty tired, which didn't help. Sonya said the FI3 was not too bad, but the FO3s were rushed and the lobes were too small. The back lobe wasn't too great either.
For some reason I was really nervous for this, and after the runthrough I was totally, totally wiped out. Sheesh. I was happy just to have finished! As Sonya said, we are going to need to run these every (or almost every) lesson. It is exactly 3 months until the test date, so we have a lot to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home