Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Skating In Salt Lake City


I was in Salt Lake City over the weekend and had a chance to skate at the Salt Lake City Sports Complex. Wow! An Olympic size rink, and beyooootiful ice (and cheeeep! Only $3.50 for public skate!). I was there for the first hour of the public skate, and it was pretty good. It got a little busy after the first half hour, but not bad. I didn't accomplish much, just enjoying the rink. I did have a near-collision with another adult skater at the beginning of the session -- I was working on waltz-8 at the end of the rink and she was doing back perimeter XOs and we wound up almost colliding (she fell); but no harm done other than some jangled nerves.

Thanks to Kim for getting me info on SLC rinks. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet up this time, but maybe some other time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home