Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

3-Turn Pattern


Today's lesson:
  • Back edges -- we both agreed we needed to look at these. The BI edges are looking a lot better but still need some work for consistency and to get the free foot more firmly in front. The BO edges... we worked on quite a bit on the free foot in front. At one point Sonya held my hand (a rarity) so I could feel how much more I need to get my weight back and off my toes. I need to keep working these.
  • 3-turn pattern -- the bulk of our time was on these. We started with the left side... I find these very scary! The right side is not as scary, of course. We actually spent most of our time finessing the back lobe though; Sonya says I need to have a good BXO or the judges will think my basics are weak and that will hurt me. The rest of it's not too bad but I can make the back lobe a bit deeper and take my time so I don't rush the BXO. Sonya also wants better push into the FI3. Eeep!
  • Spins -- Some small improvement. We worked them from a standing start and from BXOs. I have a great entry from BXOs but then I can't spin. Grrr.
After my lesson we talked about testing and decided on the Dec. 6th test date at Valley. I will need to get my butt over there more often to skate so I feel comfortable there. Also after next week we'll move back to the later FS session when the rink schedule changes, although Sonya won't have anyone before me so she wants to do my lesson a little earlier.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home