Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

You Guessed It ... Moves!


My left ankle is still a little wonky, so... still working the MITF. On the positive side, today was the first time since Memorial Day that I was feeling relatively okay with my skating. Thank God!

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs -- once again, I really just need to slow my tempo down so I can think. Sonya really wants me to pause and bend my knees (how many times have we all heard that!) before crossing.
  • FXOs -- for some reason I'm really fearful on these right now. Still working for better extension, better kneebend, etc. Not a whole lot of improvement :-(.
  • 5-step Mohawk -- Sonya wants a lot more knee bend for the slide chassé. We spent a lot of time working on the RFI mohawk to make it less jumpy. It's really hard to unlearn bad habits! Grr.
  • Slaloms -- forward and back. Forward I've been doing forever but back... I think this was the 2nd time. Not so bad but more work required. Of course this is prep work for power pulls.
Schedule for the next couple of weeks will be wonky as my work schedule next week caused me to reschedule next week's lesson, and Sonya is out the following week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home