Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Moves, Still


Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- I'm still having issues with the left foot side; especially the RBO edge and the step forward is still too far "out". The R foot side is not too bad. Still need to get the 3 out a bit more.
  • 5-step Mohawk -- we spent a good chunk of time on this. Sonya wanted the initial FI edge to be straighter, and in general to keep the feet close. We worked a lot on the step forward (again), to rise just before and then bend the knees again for the step forward. We also worked on bending the knees more for the slide chassé. I was just happy that I had enough presence of mind to eke out a whole side of them in a crowded FS session.
  • FI3s -- Just 5" on these. Sonya is still working with me to get a better (not so flat) entrance edge and to hold it longer; also a better exit edge. Some real improvement on both sides since we last looked at these in isolation though, so that's something.
Before the lesson, I talked to Sonya about how my calf is still (!) bugging me. For example, when I (try to) do jumping jacks it's quite painful. She suggested I should (as I thought) ask my doctor about getting some PT, or perhaps seeing a massage therapist. Good ideas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home