Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Gordon's Swan Dive


I skated the 8:15 FS this morning. Apparently it was pretty quiet this morning as the only skaters before us were Christina and Lauren, but there were 3 of us at 8:15 -- myself, Mary and Holly. I had an okay skate; did most of a moves runthrough, then worked some of my problem areas including bad side FXOs, 3s and spins.

Unfortunately about 20 minutes before the end of the session (about 8:55) I was doing a spin and had a nasty fall. I'm still not entirely sure what happened, but I can tell you that I somehow seem to have sprained my left calf; my glasses went flying and I hit my L cheekbone somehow, also, though not hard enough to bruise. I had to have Mary help me up as it was hard to stand.

Now some 8 hours later my calf is pretty painful and I'm hobbling when I walk. Hopefully rest and ibuprofen will help it be somewhat better by tomorrow.

5/29 Update: Went to the doctor today as it was still pretty painful. He's says it's just a muscle sprain/strain and it should be better soon, just keep up with rest, ibuprofen etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home