Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 26, 2007


Blogger Meetup Skate


I skated the Saturday afternoon public at Shiny Rink. Today's skate was special because I met up with bloggers Terri and Lisa! Here's a picture. I took several others, but for some reason this is the only one that was on the camera when I hooked it up to my computer! I don't know what's up with that, but it's not my camera and I don't know how it works, really. I'll be getting one of my own soon.

We had a fun time comparing moves and stuff. Besides Terri (left) and Lisa (center), Mary was at the session too and we had a fun time following Terri around working on our swing rolls! It was like a rather drawn-out conga line :-). Terri skates beeyooootifully! After Terri left Lisa and I compared notes on some of our moves -- she has a very nice spiral! And she spins better than I do (and she's only been skating a year!). Ah well! It was very cool to get to meet folks in person.

I skated the whole session, something I've not done in a while. It was not too crowded, probably due to the holiday weekend. After the session, Mary introduced me to a friend of hers, a pairs skater (Greg?) from Seattle who was down visiting. He worked with her on some off-ice lifts etc. and even let me try one with Mary. Wow! I would have to do some serious work in the weight room to really feel confident about this stuff, not to mention improving my skating skills! Still, it was a lot of fun. All in all a great day of skating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home