Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back To Jumping


I had a 15 minute lesson today (work schedule is weird this week, so had to reschedule my usual lesson). Actually, 15 minutes can be quite productive! We were back to jumping for the first time in 2 months or so.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz jump -- first some from a standing start; these were not too bad. Then from BXOs. These were not as good; I wasn't bringing my hands/arms through correctly, and Sonya reminded me to look up when I'm jumping. They did improve and I got a couple of good ones. In general these seem to be lacking in force but form is not that bad. Of course there's room for improvement!
  • Half flip -- I was really pleased with these. I'd not done one for 2 months but they weren't too bad. Sonya was happy with the entrance but wants more lift off the toe and a better pivot. The first few were better and after that I wasn't getting a full 180 degrees around. Sonya also reminded me to work on a better position coming out -- chin up and the Buns of Steel posture.
  • Salchow -- I'd almost entirely forgotten these so it was almost like starting over. Still jumping too late but other than that not so bad.
Sonya is out of town next week but I am going to have a "fun" lesson with one of the other coaches (Kelli) -- on figures! I'm really looking forward to it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home