Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

XOs & Jumps


Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- we just worked the bad side (CW). I really have a hard time convincing myself to really bend the knees and trust the inside edge on this side, for whatever reason.
  • BXOs -- On the positive side I am not rushing these anymore; but they are quite scratchy still. We worked on not shortchanging the underpush. The lesson for me is that I really have to feel the thighs squeezing together -- if I do I'm generally doing it right.
  • Half flip -- We only did a couple of these. They were okay, but my tendon is still a little tight so it's painful to point the toe and jump off the toepick.
  • Waltz jump -- from a standing start and also from BXOs. These are not bad. Sonya reminded me to keep my chin up and work on getting a better push onto the FO edge for better flow. I should work on them more, especially doing 2+ in a row.
  • Salchow -- finished up with these. The entry is not bad but I'm tending to bend the free leg prematurely and still jump way too late.
I'm still feeling pretty off in general. I talked with Sonya about it briefly, and she asked me if I wanted to take some time off, and I said no. It's nice of her to ask though. I realized we've been working together over a year now, so I thanked her for that. She reminded me I can look back in this blog and (hopefully) see some progress. I know there has been progress I just wish I felt more energized and positive right now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home