Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Perseverance


I managed to get to Valley to skate for about 35" this morning. I gave myself a short (6") warmup, then did a Moves runthrough (Tracy, 3Turn, you should be proud of me :-)).

It stank. Like, really. Like, I did it all but I doubt any of it would be passable except the edges. My stroking was horrible, BXOs were scratchy, FXOs had no extension and probably were toepushed, waltz-8 and 3-turn pattern.... yech.

But, I did have a feeling of accomplishment for having actually gotten through them, so I guess that's something. It took me about 20 minutes, but that included some time I had to wait for a dance lesson to clear the way.

Afterward I spent time cleaning up BI edges and waltz-8, so they were a bit less stinky but still not passable, I don't think.

It was a nice session; for most of the time I was there just two other skaters and a coach. One of the skaters was Lauren, who I'd not seen at Valley before (I usually see her at Shiny Rink, we often skate the same late FS session). She gave me some encouraging words about my edges, which was very kind of her.

I'm going home to AZ on Wed. for a visit, so my next skate will be on very expensive ($19/hr!) FS club ice at TCC on Thursday. That should be interesting (but fun!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home