Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

FO3s


Surprisingly enough, Sonya did not have me do a moves runthrough today. Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- we spent almost the entire lesson on these. These seem to have really deteriorated over the last few months -- I remember them being a lot better than they are. Basically I'm really tending to force them and I have problems placing them as needed for waltz-8 and elsewhere. So we worked on getting set up correctly before initiating the turn, and a few other things. These still need work. I'm rather concerned about it.
  • Waltz-8 -- we spent some time on these mostly in relation to the FO3.
  • FXOs -- just briefly looked at these. Sonya reminded me to point the toe of the outside leg after the push, to help get the leg straight and better extension. The extension is looking better but my underpush was a bit lacking.
After my lesson (which ran a little long) I worked some more on the FXO underpush and got it back more or less to where it needs to be.

Next week I have two lessons, one Monday (makeup for last week) and the usual Thursday slot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home