Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Power-3s And BI3


Today's lesson:
  • Power-3s -- we started working these down the rink. Anna says the pattern is entered similarly to all the other ones, then straight into (I believe) the left foot pattern down one side of the rink, BXOs around the end, and then into the right foot pattern starting with the BXO lobe. Anna's working me hard on these. I'm still needing to get the step forward without wide-stepping, and working on doing a better job on the step forward. Anna says the lobes don't need to be particularly large but of course you are supposed to generate power. The left foot side is not so bad, but the right side! Egad, there's a lot to do, particularly on the step forward. We spent probably 20+ minutes on these.
  • BI3 -- just a few minutes on this. Went back to doing the back two-foot turn, and I did my best ever with some good knee action. So we worked on getting and holding the BI edge (RBI in this case) in the correct position. I'm starting to get a feel for these but they are scary. I almost did one a couple of times though! Anna says I need to commit to doing it though, if I try half-measures I'll hurt myself.
Next week's lessons will be 7:30 a.m. on Monday and Thursday. Unfortunately there is no coffee club next week so my skating will be a bit limited.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home