Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Progress


I skated the adult session today, got about 75 minutes of skating in. It was not too crowded, which was nice. Spent the first 20 - 25 minutes feeling quite dorky and uncoordinated, but it got better after that.

I spent a lot of time on 3s today, especially trying to work on the alt-3s. Not much progress there. Also worked power-3s, the 5-step, and a little time on Russian stroking and FXOs. I spent some time working on the spin entrance, but it was stinky today -- as soon as I did the step forward I would wind up doing an LFO3! Sheesh. Ideally I'd have a little longer edge and then do the spin where I was doing the 3, but I couldn't make it happen today so decided to leave it alone.

The bright spot for today was that after I did my 10 waltz jumps, I decided to work once more on doing them from the entrance -- i.e. BXOs, step forward, jump. I managed to do 3 of these in a row! The jumps were small (I wasn't spotting well and kept looking down), but the rhythm of them felt really good. I was pretty psyched about this. Hopefully I can build on this and get the jump a bit bigger. It felt much more free and natural than the standing-start attempts I'd done previously. I'll have to work on this some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home