Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday Night Skate


I attended the public session tonight, and skated for probably 1 hour and 40 minutes. There was no DJ tonight so I got to play my pop/rock CD :-).

I did my requisite 10 waltz jumps, in spite of having an audience (Sarah and Rita). Worked a lot on 3s, and also quality time on the step forward. Some of that was just skating the LBI edge and trying to do the choctaw. It's much better from the RBI edge than the LBI. I can do it very sloppily from the RBI edge, not quite from the LBI edge although it's definitely getting closer. Worked on stroking too -- it's interesting how I can have such nice extension if I just concentrate!

Toward the end of the session I spent a bunch of time on the 5-step Mohawk. This is definitely improving, especially that I'm holding the first and second steps longer. It's still a little tricky to do the slide chassé, and I think it probably looks stinky, but it's getting better. Also worked the power-3s a bit, trying to place the 3s better. I do so love doing these!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home