Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Power-3s


I skated the adult session today, and spent a little time on just about everything (no spirals, though). Did my 10 waltz jumps and succeeded in getting a little more height (despite harassment from Nicole and Anna: "JUMP!" :-)). A little more up and bit less out. Ironically (or maybe not) it's a little easier to do with less "out". Also did a couple of spin entrances that were pretty good -- still not there but I'm building consistency at least. And a couple of good spins, some good 3s and stroking and FXOs and some BXOs too.

Anna caught me a little after 1 p.m. for my 10 minutes of makeup lesson, which turned into more like 20 (not that I'm complaining!). We worked on power-3s -- no more being sloppy with the free leg going into the 3! And we worked on the step forward, especially on the bad side. We spent some significant time working that LBI step forward, which of course is the same one I have so many problems with on the alt-3s. Some small amount of progress. We finished up by looking at BO and BI edges briefly. The first couple were stinky, then they were better. I really need to concentrate more sometimes so that I get them good from the beginning instead of having to go back.

All in all, some small progress on stuff I really need to work on, so that was good.

Addendum: Anna is going to the Orange County Open in a couple of weeks with one of her students, and I remembered to ask her to keep her eyes open to see if there was an actual adult men's competition. None of the Arizona competitions I've been to yet have had enough adult men to have a competition. I'm hoping that won't be true of some of the CA competitions. As Anna said, it would be absurd if the only place I could compete would be Regionals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home