Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 27, 2005

New Ice


I skated the adult session today -- my first time on the new front ice. It's really nice! I liked it an awful lot, even though it was a bit wet on the ends. Hmm.

I was supposed to have a lesson today but Anna did not show (no word from her as of yet). I had a really good skate, though. Did my 10 waltz jumps, 5 from a standing start and 5 from the entrance. Wow. I'm really starting to like this. When I do it from the entrance I don't have time to get scared and it just flows. There's an awful lot to fix in them of course, but the main point for me right now is just to get them ingrained in me so there's no fear. Of course I am trying to work on improving the setup, looking up, etc.

I also worked 3s a bunch, and crossovers (forward and back), and stroking and power-3s and the 5-step Mohawk and edges. I had a lot of time and got to work on almost everything; although I didn't spend too much time on the spin entrance or spinning in general. In general, though, a really nice skate -- I'm psyched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home