Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Waltz Jump & Spin Entrance


Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- I was working these (waltz jump with entrance from BXOs) before my lesson, so we continued into the lesson time. Anna was pleased that I had worked these up so well. We focused mostly on the extension and "gather" before the step forward. Anna says I need to ride the blade better on the BO edge, and have more control of the positions before the step forward. I'm still looking down too :-(. I'm just pleased that I've somehow managed to get these to where they are comfortable. I think it's because when done from this entrance I don't give myself time to think about the jump too much.
  • spin entrance -- just 5 or 6 minutes on this. It is SO CLOSE! It makes me want to scream. Anna says all I'm really lacking now is enough confidence/aggressiveness/oomph to get the edge-bite I need. Arrgh. I'll have to keep working on this. I think in general the form is looking okay so long as I'm concentrating.
A really fun lesson! Next week's lessons are Monday at adult session and Thursday 7:30 a.m.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home