Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Fast Learner


I attended the public session tonight, but instead of my usual practice, I brought a friend who wanted to go skating for the first time in several years. She'd done roller hockey as a kid for several years.

Wow! She is a fast learner. In hardly any time she was able to pick up a rudimentary two-foot spin, two-foot turn, glide on one foot, basic crossovers and even a 3-turn and a scratchy Mohawk! I was jealous... I worked and slaved for months on those elements!

The moral of the story is if you have kids, teach them to skate! Even if they don't wind up wanting to pursue it as a kid, it will be in their feet and theirs forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home