Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday Evening Skate


I did the Wednesday "two-fer" and attended the evening public session as well. It was fairly crowded, but many of my favorite skaters were there so that was a lot of fun :-).

I didn't work anything too seriously, but I spent some time on my back edges. I am actually seeing some improvement, especially on being able to hold the free leg in front at the beginning of the edge and then swing it on back through the edge. Better control. I also spent a little time on the waltz jump. I sort-of managed one with a "real" entrance, i.e. from back crossovers. Of course it's still feeling very sideways but I'm resigning myself to it being that way for a while. I figure I have to get used to it somehow.

I got to meet another adult skater, Missy, who is taking lessons from Jennifer. I think she just started last week. She said she'd been off the ice a long time and is just now coming back. I told her about the adult skate (it's well-hidden on the website so a lot of people can't find out about it unless someone tells them) and she sounded interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home