Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sharrrp Skates


I got to the adult session today a little late, so about an hour's worth of skating. I just picked up my skates from the sharpener and WHEE-OOH! I don't remember them being this different the last time I got them done. I usually get my skates sharpened every 6 weeks or so. WOW, this was total skates-stuck-to-ice. Couldn't stop worth a darn for some time.

I mostly worked forward and back crossovers and 3turns. I spent much more quality time with the FI3s and they are improving, which is gratifying. I'm discovering I really have to take my time, at this point, to get non-scratchy BXOs. I'm so used to just zip-zip-zipping them but then they are scratchy; to get them non-scratchy I really have to concentrate on getting my weight on that inside foot. Still, it's improving. On the FXOs I worked mostly on being more deliberate (as Anna asked) and really feeling balanced on that edge. I also spent more time on the darn BI Choctaw without much success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home