Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday Evening Skate


Since I was once again too lazy to drag my butt to the 9 a.m. freestyle (to be fair, I didn't get to sleep until 2 a.m.), I decided to attend the first hour of the 5 p.m. family skate. My good intentions were somewhat foiled by the fact that I got almost to the rink, only to discover that I'd left my skates at home! Gaaah!

So, in the 40 minutes I actually had to skate, I did get some stuff accomplished. I worked some more on (of course) 3 turns, crossovers, and edges. I also spent more time on the waltz jump. I've noticed that I can get a nice jump off the toe against the boards, but not away from them. Away from them I can still do a nice (albeit very "sideways") jump, but there's no spring off the toe. I don't know if it's just something I have to work up to, or what.

I've decided I need to ask Anna to work just on the BI Choctaw. I've noticed in working on this from the FO3 that I get into the position on the BI edge with free foot extended etc., but I cannot turn out of that position. If I get in that position just from skating, I am similarly "stuck", which tells me that it's nothing to do with coming out of the turn. I can do the other foot Choctaw just fine, and of course I can do all the back Mohawks without too much difficulty. The BI Choctaw is somewhat more difficult, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home