Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 04, 2005

A Little More Grace


I meant to blog about this before but I forgot...

So after my lesson, Jenny was leaving the session and said something nice to me, "you looked good out there!" For once, I actually had the grace to just say "thanks!" and not say to myself, "she's just being nice." I've always been bad at accepting compliments of any kind, and of course it's worse about skating since I'm almost always the worst skater on the ice at any particular moment. It's good to allow myself once in a while to feel like I have come a long way and can be proud of what I have learned, and not compare my self to anyone except my former self.

Thanks Jenny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home