Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sunday Night Skate


I attended the first hour of the Sunday night "family skate" tonight. It was more crowded than last week, but still nowhere near the level of the Saturday "zoo." After warming up I worked a little on spins, a bunch on 3s and a little on the waltz jump.

My discovery for the evening is that when I actually have a nice edge, doing a good 3 is trivial for me. When I just skate a nice edge I can do that 3 no problem; but when I do it in the MITF pattern I am not getting a good enough edge. Something to work on.... I did manage to do one waltz jump, so I guess that is progress of a sort. They tend to be very "sideways", which makes sense since I tend to enter them straight-on. I guess I'll see what Anna thinks. My guess would be that she'll leave them alone tomorrow and come back to them on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home