Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Double-Dipping


I skated the evening public session because... I had time! They actually Zamboni'd after skate school so the ice was not toooo bad, at least not at first. I actually had a pretty nice time, partly because since I felt I'd done all my "homework" at adult skate I didn't feel like I "had" to do anything in particular. So of course I pretty much did all my homework-y things anyway. I worked on crossovers a bit, trying to get that feeling in the ankle that I had in my lesson Monday; but without much success. Worked the waltz jump walkthrough some more, and the spin entrance, and a bit on the Mohawk combo (especially that darn cross step that bothers me so much).

I also spent some time working on the back 2-foot turn. Oddly enough the CW isn't so bad. The CCW is not good, but it did improve a little. I went around the hockey circle just doing 2-foot turns, which must have been amusing to watch. Still, it was a good exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home