Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday Evening Skate


Since I didn't get my butt out of bed this morning to attend the freestyle session, I went to the first hour of the 5 - 7 p.m. "family skate." While I was there I bumped into an old friend who was there with her daughter, so I wound up spending a good chunk of my time socializing. Still, I did get some stuff done. I spent a good chunk of time working on that backspin and got a couple of slightly better ones. I'd characterize it by saying that it feels slightly less weird.

Beyond that I worked a bit on crossovers, the spin entrance, Mohawks and 3-turns and some spins. A good general workout. I am a little concerned about my inability lately to get up early on Sundays and skate; but I have to admit that I was tired all week and didn't get to bed early on Saturday night so it wasn't surprising. Sometimes I worry about my motivation level though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home