Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Stars On Ice


I got to see Stars On Ice tonight (the tour actually came to Tucson!). Appearing were:
  • Sarah Hughes
  • Yuka Sato
  • Todd Eldredge
  • Steve Cousins
  • Kurt Browning
  • Alexei Yagudin
  • Salé and Pelletier
  • Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
  • Ina & Zimmerman
Really, it was a terrific production. I had on-ice seats so it was very "up close and personal." I almost got to shake hands with Jamie Salé, but she had to scamper back for her curtain call just before she got to me (grr!).

What I liked best about the show was, it wasn't just a collection of freestyle programs. It had a definite theme ("Imagination"), it had humor, it had cohesion, it had flow. While there were many great performances, I have to say my favorites were Todd Eldredge and Salé and Pelletier. Todd Eldredge has always impressed me with his wonderful flow and line; he make everything look so effortless. And the Canadian pair! Wow, I've just always loved to watch them, there's so much energy in their performance and so much style and presentation. I also really enjoyed watching Yuka Sato; I'd never seen her skate.

Besides all the great skating, there were wonderful costumes and some awesome special effects and lighting. It was a wonderful evening. If Stars On Ice comes to your town, see it! It's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home