Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Nationals


I just skimmed my tapes from today's Nationals, and was treated to seeing Michelle Kwan win her 9th US title! As if that weren't exciting enough, seeing Kimmie Meissner land a triple Axel was pretty darn good. Wow!

While it was clearly good enough to win, I was a little disappointed in Kwan's performance. I know she has a better one inside her, and I hope that it comes out at Worlds. It's my hope that she will go into the Worlds competition this year feeling like she can just go for it -- it's not the Olympics, and she didn't win it last year, so it's just an opportunity to let it flow. Here's hoping, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home