Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sunday Zoo


The rink has a new 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday evening "family skate." Since I didn't get my butt out of bed to go to the freestyle sessions this morning (I was still really, really tired from my trip), I got about an hour's worth of skating in at this session.

The session was somewhat crowded and so I mostly stayed in the center and worked on spins and 3-turns. I had a nice conversation with Allison, a young skater who's in FS1 (so, therefore, a bit better than me). She gave me some pointers on the spin entrance. She proclaimed 3-turns to be "easy!" but later admitted that the inside 3s are a bit tricky. I'd guess she's 8 or 9 :-). All in all not a horribly productive session but since I have a lesson tomorrow it's nice to keep my hand in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home