Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Off Day


Today was an off day in two senses -- first, I had the day off from work (Martin Luther King Day), and second, I was just feeling "off" when skating this evening at the 6:10 freestyle session. I was supposed to have a lesson at 5 p.m. but Anna had a problem getting back to town from her weekend trip so we had to postpone.

The session had about 8 or 10 people, with 3 people taking lessons, so -- busy but not badly so. Despite my funk (had a splitting headache as well as still getting over this rotten cold) I had an okay practice. I worked on pretty much everything except jumps. No great progress on anything but it's coming along.

The rink has published a list of freestyle rules and asked all the skaters (and their coaches!) to sign them. The rules are pretty common sense stuff, nothing new or exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home