Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nationals Exhibition


I finally got to watch my tape of the Nationals Exhibitions from Sunday. Wow! There was a lot of great skating. I was annoyed (peeved, even) to discover that Kimmie Meissner's skate was partially pre-empted by a network news announcement of Johnny Carson's death. I mean, I'm sorry he's dead, but the news would have waited, y'know? As it was I lost half of her skate. Grr! I've always loved Sasha Cohen's Romeo and Juliet program... she is such a beautiful, elegant skater; and my God! What extension on her spirals and Charlottes! Sheesh!

There was Johnny Weir. Johnny Weird. He IS weird, but wow, very talented. And, more importantly, very talented in the way, I think, that international judges like. I think he'll get a silver at Worlds, perhaps better if Plushy has problems. I really like Timothy Goebel much more, though, and it's nice to see how he has matured and seems so much more comfortable in his own skin now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home