Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Skating With Katlynn!


The reason I took the afternoon off today was that Katlynn McNab was visiting Tucson. It was nice to see and her dad Dale. Being on the same ice with Katlynn was... distracting. It was hard to focus on my stuff (except during my lesson!), it was tempting just to watch her skate. Wow! She was having a "bad double axel" day, though -- lots of falls on that one. A good lesson in perseverance there!

Nevertheless, for the hour of skating I had after my lesson I did get some good work done. Specifically I worked a little on my waltz jump walkthrough (since Anna had said we'd work on it tomorrow). The highlight though was a huge amount of time on the FI3. The result was that the RFI3 is starting to become actually respectable, almost. Best of all I actually did 3 or 4 pretty decent LFI3s! Regular readers know this turn is my nemesis. So that was pretty exciting; of course I got all this at the very end of the session (isn't it always the way?). I was really pleased with that, though. I also spent some time working my RF lunge (weak side) since I don't spend enough time on it. It was a little better.

After we got off the ice, I had the pleasure of going to dinner with Katlynn and Dale. We had a really nice dinner and a great conversation, it was really terrific to talk with them. If you ever have the chance to watch Katlynn skate, take it! She is a good skater who works incredibly hard and is very talented -- a winning combination. Best of all, I've never seen a skater her age with the kind of grace, poise and presentation she has. And of course she's blessed with very supportive and patient parents! Thanks for coming down K & D!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home