Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Workout


Today's lesson was quite a workout!
  • FO3s -- just a little time on these. Anna says the two things that will help me hold the exit edge are (duh!) head position (which I knew) -- looking where I'm going (as always), and pointing the toe on the free leg coming back to the line.
  • FI3s -- we spent several minutes on these, especially the LFI3. We did some in isolation, then FI, FI, FI3 lobes. I had several really nice LFI3s this way! I mean, really solid, with good flow out of them.
  • Forward crossovers -- Anna's still working on eliminating my toepushing, working to use the whole blade on the underpush and lift from the hip. She also wants me to be more deliberate about them, not rushed. We finished this part by stroking down one length of the rink, then doing Russian stroking coming back the other way and trying to feel the deliberate placement of the strokes in the pattern.
  • Chassés -- that led us somewhat naturally into working chassés on the circle, working to get better extension and to lift the inside foot up flexed. I am having a devil of a time with these, especially the CW ones. Bleah!
  • Spirals and lunges -- we got to finish with "fun stuff". The LF spiral is not too bad but needs more stretch and extension (free leg still is bent a little). Also it takes me too long to get into the position. Anna says I'm still not feeling like I'm moving all of one piece. The RF spiral ... Anna says it looks better than the LF one. I don't see how. I have a devil of a time really getting my weight placed properly over my skate on these. Still, after a few repetitions I did get a couple of halfway decent ones. We finished up with lunges; the LF one is still in good shape (need to remember to get lower than I think, though). The RF one wasn't too bad, just need to keep the arms from turning and keep it going in a straight line.

All in all, a good lesson. The chassés really tired me out, though! Sheesh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home