Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 30, 2024

B8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate. Nice ice, 6 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges and BO edges.

Today's lesson:

  • BI edges -- I was having some issues with the initial push, not sure what my issue was exactly but we straightened it out.  These were not bad, actually.
  • BO8 -- we worked on getting a better push and better posture.  I did actually make it 3/4 of the way around the circle, which is my best in a while.  I couldn't repeat it though.  GRRR.  We spent about half the lesson on this.
  • BI8 -- eep.  I am not getting over my skate well enough so my circles are curving in too much.  We worked to try to have the same approach (mostly) as the BO initial push.  It's still lacking, but the body position after is actually not that bad.
  • FO8 -- just a couple minutes on these.  About the same as before.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home