Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 26, 2024

BI8 & 3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, and just 3 skaters!  The schedule is changing so this is my last Friday lesson for a while.

I warmed up with forward edges and BO edges. 

Today's lesson:

  • BI -- we started with BI edges and then went on to BI8.  I'm beginning to see that my issues with this are a) weak push and b) upper body position.  I tend to get forward on my blade so that my upper body is hunched forward and my tush is pushed back.  Ugh.  Not a stable position.  Danette worked with me on getting me to stand up STRAIGHT.  This is just really hard for me, I don't know why.
  • 3s -- we spent the last part of my lesson on 3s.  I actually did a better job of holding the FO edge longer, but on the RFO I just couldn't make myself initiate the turn, I felt 'stuck'.  Ugh.  The LFO was not horrible.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home