Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 14, 2024

B Edges, FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.   Nice, ice about 11 skaters so a bit busy.

I was running late, so just a quick warmup with forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- eep.  These were not the best, and it didn't help that I had two near-collisions with Abby as she was running her program and we wound up in the exact same space twice like 5 minutes apart.  Geez!  All was well but uck.  Anyway the BO edges were just so so.  BI were better but I did have a dumb fall, I pushed really hard on the first one and basically pushed my legs out from under me.  Lol!
  • FO8 -- just a few minutes on these.  Still struggling to just stand up straight and not get my weight forward on the blade.  Urgh!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home