Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 06, 2024

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice (we are back on the east rink) and 6 skaters. I warmed up with forward edges and BO edges, and scribed circles.  I'm in this Monday time slot for a couple of weeks.

Today's lesson:

  • BI edges -- since I didn't get these in the warmup.  They were okay, though my lobe sizes were wildly inconsistent.
  • 3s --We worked these a bunch, on the wall and on the circle. On the positive side my timing is getting better.  On the negative side they are often really skidded or scrapey.  Ugh.
  • waltz-8 -- we finished off with running the actual waltz-8, since we'd not done that in a long time.  Ugh!  I am kind of incapable of holding the exit from the 3 right now.  Geez.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home