Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Workin' It

 My freestyle lesson with Holly at CCIC on the 6:50 a.m. session.  I got there about 7:05 and warmed up for my 7:20 lessons.  I'm still a bit wobbly on the ice but it's getting better.  Session was relatively crowded, about 12-13 people.  Good for the club!

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs -- Holly wanted me to do these around the end circles, like on the APB MITF (er, "Skating Skills") test.  They were actually not bad, though a bit scratchy.  They did improve tho!  It was nice to actually generate some power.
  • 5-step mohawk -- eeep.  Actually, all things considered these were not that bad.  The mohawks are pretty jumped and the BO edge is scratchy, but I got through them okay. We did a couple of runthroughs and called it good.
  • waltz jump -- my first one in months! It was actually not bad at all, a nice straight take off. Yay!
We'll be in this time slot through mid-July, after that we'll have to figure something out.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home